Your wedding day was so incredibly beautiful, and you’re going to want to remember it forever through your wedding film. The best way to ensure nothing bad happens to your video is to back up your digital files.
This may not be the most exciting topic related to weddings, but it’s an important one. Because, at the end of the day, you’re going to want to keep this investment safe.
We currently deliver all of our films on a USB flash drive. We also host highlight videos online.
One thing that every couple should be aware of is the importance of backing up your wedding video files. This means to make several copies of your wedding video (on different flash drives, hard drives, and devices), and to even store a few copies in a cloud service. There are several reasons for this:
- USB drives are small and easily lost
- USB drives may become broken or damaged
- Digital files can be corrupted, and therefor, useless and unwatchable.
- Accidents might happen: flood, fire, or earthquakes can sweep away your memories.
Ways to back up files:
- Make multiple USB copies
- Store these USB copies in different locations. Ideally, even have one or two copies somewhere outside of your home like at a friend or family member’s home, or in a safety deposit box.
- Store a few copies in cloud services
We do keep all raw footage and completed wedding films for 12 months after your wedding. So if you lose your wedding video within that 12 month time period, please reach out to us. Additional copies are available!